What is Via?
Via is an on-demand, dynamically routed, mobile-app powered shuttle service operating in partnership with the Utah Transit Authority. The partnership service is called UTA On Demand by Via. It is open to anyone traveling in the southern Salt Lake County service area or the Summer 2021 night service pilot area in Salt Lake City. Riders can request pickups and dropoffs anywhere in these service areas.
Where does Via operate?
Via operates in southern Salt Lake County, as well as in Salt Lake City on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights in summer, 2021. See the maps below for the exact service zone in each area.
Salt Lake County
Salt Lake City (Night Service)
When is Via’s service available?
Service hours in South Salt Lake County are:
- Monday-Friday: 6am - 9pm
- The service does not operate on Saturdays or Sundays
- Via provides Live Support: Monday-Friday from 5am - 10pm
Service hours in Salt Lake City are:
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights only between May 27 (Memorial Day weekend) and September 5 (Labor Day weekend) from 10pm until 4am.
- Via provides Live Support during these operating hours.
Who can use Via?
Via is available to anyone (all residents, workers, and visitors) traveling in the southern Salt Lake County or Salt Lake City service areas during each service’s operating hours: Monday-Friday 6am-9pm in Salt Lake County, as well as Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights from 10pm-4am between May 27 and September 5, 2021 in Salt Lake City.
Is wheelchair service available?
Yes! If you require wheelchair service, follow these steps:
- Go to your app menu.
- Tap on your name to go to your Account Details.
- Toggle on ‘Wheelchair accessibility.’ That way, Via will book you in a wheelchair accessible vehicle moving forward. You only need to do this once.
If you’d prefer to request your rides over the phone, you can call us at (385) 217-8191 and let us know that you need a wheelchair accessible vehicle for all future ride bookings.