What is Via?
Via UTA On-Demand Sacramento is an on-demand, dynamically routed, mobile-app powered shuttle service in partnership with the Utah Transit Authority. The service is open to all residents, workers, and visitors to South Salt Lake County, and will get you from Point A to Point B. Riders can request pickups and dropoffs anywhere in the service area.
Where does Via UTA On-Demand operate?
Via operates in South Salt Lake County
When is Via UTA On-Demand’s service available?
Service hours in Salt Lake are:
- Monday-Friday: 6am - 9pm (MT)
- The service does not operate on Saturdays and Sundays
- Via provides Live Support: Monday-Friday from 5am - 10pm (MT)
Who is the service available to in Via UTA On-Demand?
Via UTA On-Demand is available to all residents, workers, and visitors to South Salt Lake County.
Does Via UTA On-Demand offer corner-to-corner and door-to-door service?
Via UTA On-Demand offers door-to-door service for passengers who require a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, as well as to all passengers traveling as part of the UTA paratransit program. All other riders are provided with corner-to-corner service.
Is wheelchair service available?
Yes! If you require wheelchair service, follow these steps:
- Go to your app menu.
- Tap on your name to go to your Account Details.
- Toggle on ‘Wheelchair accessibility.’ That way, Via UTA On-Demand will book you in a wheelchair accessible vehicle moving forward. You only need to do this once.
If you’d prefer to request your rides over the phone, you can call us at (385) 217-8191 and let us know that you need a wheelchair accessible vehicle for all future ride bookings.
How do I contact Via UTA On-Demand?
To contact us, you can either call (385) 217-8191 or send us a message at our rider support email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get the Via app?
How do I create an account?
You can either download our app or call our booking line (385) 217-8191 to create a new account.
For phone bookings, we can set up an account for you, and we’ll need:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Payment method (credit or debit card)
For app bookings:
How do I book a ride?
To book a ride through the app:
- Open your app and put in your pickup location, followed by your destination.
- Next, once you’ve tapped ‘Set Your Destination,’ you’ll see proposal options and you can select the one you’d like to choose with “Book This Ride.’
- Once booked, you’ll see an ETA and where your driver is in relation to you as you wait to be picked up.
How do I add an additional rider to my ride?
When you request your pickup location, you’ll see an icon on the location pin that says ‘1 Passenger +.’ Tap the “+” sign to add passengers to your booking.
Can I book a ride in advance? If so, how do I book one in advance?
No, passengers cannot book rides in advance with the Via UTA On-Demand service
How much do rides cost?
Individual rides in Via UTA On-Demand cost $2.50 and are 50% off ($1.25) for reduced fare riders (e.g. seniors 65+ and people with disabilities). With a ViaPass, riders pay $15/week for up to 3 rides per day, or $7.50/week for seniors (65+) and people with disabilities.
During the first few weeks after launch, promotional pricing will be in effect: $1.00 for rides ($0.50 for seniors 65+ and riders with disabilities), and $7.50 weekly ViaPass for up to 3 rides per day.
How do I pay for my rides?
You will need a credit or debit card linked to your account, which can be added in your app or added to your account over the phone (385-217-8191).
- If you choose to link your credit or debit card in the app, when you create your account you’ll be prompted to input your card number and information.
- You can also update your card by going into the left-hand menu in your app and tapping on ‘Payment Methods.’
- Once you’re in ‘Payment Methods’ you can either click on an existing card to update your information or tap on ‘+ Add a new payment method’ to add a new card associated with your account.
In the Via UTA On-Demand Service, you can also pay for a ride using a valid UTA Fare, including UTA Tickets or Passes. To do so, you can select the ‘UTA Pass/Ticket/Transfer’ option under ‘Payment Methods’ in your app and show your valid UTA Fare to your driver once you’re on board the vehicle
What is a ViaPass?
The ViaPass is specially designed for our most loyal commuters and makes Via more affordable than ever. To purchase a ViaPass, just open your app Menu and head to the section labeled 'ViaPass'.
The ViaPass costs $15/week (or $7.50/week for seniors 65+ or riders with disabilities) and it allows ViaPass holders to take up to three (3) rides per day during the following hours:
- Monday-Friday: 6am-9pm
Cancellations and No Shows are charged at $1 each.
Why did I get charged a No Show fee?
A No Show fee is charged when you were 2 or more minutes late to your pickup, as this delays your driver from picking up and dropping off other passengers along the way. The No Show fee in Salt Lake is $1.
Why did I get charged a Cancelation fee?
A Cancelation fee is charged when you canceled your ride after booking, as your driver was already on their way to you and this affected the routing of other riders. The Cancelation fee in Salt Lake is $1.
How can I setup or change my payment method?
Setting up your payment method is easy:
- For phone bookings, you can call us at 385-217-8191 to set up your account and include a payment method.
- For app bookings, once you create an account you will be prompted for your payment method. You can use either a debit or credit card to pay for service.
If you want to change your payment method:
- Go to your Settings and click Payment Methods.
- Click on ‘+ Add a new payment method’ to add one, or
- Click on your previous payment method to edit your card.
I can’t login to my Via UTA On-Demand app. What do I do?
If you’re having trouble logging into your Via UTA On-Demand app:
- First, try restarting your app by exiting the app and logging back in.
- Second, try updating your app by deleting the app and reinstalling it.
Still not working? Contact us at (385) 217-8191 and we can help!
I forgot my password. How can I retrieve it?
Don’t worry! Resetting your password is easy:
- Tap the ‘Forgot your password?’ link in your login screen in the app.
- Follow the directions to provide your phone number.
- Look out for a text with instructions to reset your password.
Can children ride with Via UTA On-Demand?
Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian in order to ride with Via
How old must children be to have their own account and ride without an adult?
Minors between the ages of 13 and 18 can have their own member accounts and ride with Via unaccompanied, but they must have consent from their parent or guardian
Can I bring a pet with me in my ride?
Unfortunately, we do not allow pets on board at this time, with the exception of service animals. Service animals are allowed in our vehicles.